– To organise and conduct audits, inspections, safety program implementation and oversight of Aircraft, Maintenance Activities, Approved Maintenance Organisations(AMO), Continuing Airworthiness Management Organizations(CAMO), Air Operators Certificate (AOC) holders as well as other aviation activities under BCAA (Bahrain Civil Aviation Affairs).
– To ensure that aircrafts, ground facilities and company policies and practices meet the minimum requirements as per international and national safety standards.
– In addition, assist in the development of policy, regulation and delivery of regulatory services that support domestic and international aviation operations in the area of Airworthiness.
Structure and reporting relationship:
– Inspector is on secondment from SERCO to Bahrain CAA and reports to senior officials of Bahrain CAA on technical matters and to General Manager, SERCO-IAL, Bahrain on administrative matters. However, during frequent meetings with General Manager, SERCO-IAL, Bahrain he is briefed on continuing basis about all the technical issues as well as issues related to ICAO affairs.
Tasks designated to the position include but not limited to the following:
– Develop and administer regulations and safety standards pertaining to the airworthiness and continuing airworthiness of aircraft.
– Assume responsibility and accountability for airworthiness practices and procedures associated with continuing airworthiness and maintenance of aircraft.
– Implementation of the Airworthiness Audit & Surveillance Plan/Programs to enable proper oversight of AMO, CAMO, AOC holders and other stakeholders.
– Examine Expositions related to AMO & CAMO, MEL, and other aviation required documents prepared, for certification, by operating organizations and recommend amendment, rejections or approval.
– Make assessments and recommendations in relation to the issue/ renewal of Air Operator Certificates, Certificates of Approval to AMO & CAMO, Systems of Maintenance (AMP), Minimum Equipment Lists & regulatory service functions in accordance with policy guidelines.
– Provide assistance to other Divisions in the conduct of accident and incident investigations and surveillance operations as required.
– Promote and maintain effective consultation and communications with operators and other stakeholders on Airworthiness related issues.
Essential technical and professional knowledge:
– Good knowledge of relevant ICAO SARPS, EASA regulations and safety standards. Knowledge of relevant BCAA regulations and safety standards will be an asset.
– Possess the knowledge and skill pertaining to the maintenance & continuing airworthiness documentation and inspection of aircraft.
– Ability to prepare reports and when required, present these to the stakeholders.
– Ability to monitor deadlines and performance in-line with required standards.
– A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
– Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
– Flexibility, excellent attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and manage an environment of regular change.
– Ability to think strategically, execute quickly and adjust plans to meet organizational needs.
– Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
– Able to work independently under stringent deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
– Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
– Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines and schedules.
– Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues and with cross functional teams to achieve organizational goals.
– Good judgment, decision-making, and leadership skills.
– Adapt well to changing priorities.
– An assertive completer / finisher with high level personal presence and credibility.
– Intuitive with outstanding interpersonal influencing and communication skills; able to develop and motivate others.
– Ability to align strategic and tactical operational needs with training programs and organizational development efforts.
– Ability to see problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure.
– Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
– In-depth ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approach to problems.
Qualification & Experience:
– A relevant engineering degree or an aircraft maintenance technician qualification with additional education. ‘relevant engineering degree’ means an engineering degree from aeronautical, mechanical, electrical, electronic, avionic or other studies relevant to the maintenance and continuing airworthiness of aircraft/aircraft components.
– Have held a recognized Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License (ICAO Annex 1) for a period of at least 8 years; OR Have held an Airworthiness Inspector’s position within a National Aviation Authority for a period of at least 5 years.
– Avionics background will be preferred.
– Specialized training in safety management systems and quality management systems.
– Must have attended a recognized Auditing/Inspection Techniques Course.
– Experience in a multi-cultural environment an asset.
– Middle East experience an asset.
– Have a strong background in airline technical operations and/or have held supervisory or management roles in the area of quality assurance /continuing airworthiness/aircraft maintenance. Alternately, have a strong background as Airworthiness Inspector in a middle level management function within a National Aviation Authority.
– Have experience on maintenance & continuing airworthiness of Helicopters.
– Have experience in system safety, human factors and accident / incident investigation.
– A sound knowledge of project management.
Additional / special features of the role:
– Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
– Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
– To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
– Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
– Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
– Interfaces with and required to influence aviation stakeholders.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Please note: Serco reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.