We are looking for Commercial Manager O&G in Abu Dhabi
- This is a project based role on a fast–track, multi-hundred million US dollar Oil & Gas project.
- Holders of relevant degree and chartered status with an internationally recognized professional body preferred.
- Middle east experience preferred.
- Minimum 15 years experience working for a main contracting organizations.
- Strong of oil and gas projects experience is essential.
- Experience of working within a multi-national team essential.
Commercial Manager Functions:
- To administer the main subcontract and all lower tier subcontracts so as to ensure our obligations there under are properly performed, our rights enforced and any exposure to dispute is minimized. Provide input, support and advice to the other Project departments to this end.
- To monitor, control and resolve problematic contractual issues, whilst safeguarding our best interest at all times.
- To monitor and control all commercial matters to ensure that costs are minimized and revenues maximized.
- In order to achieve the above, the Commercial Manager’s functions will include, but not be limited to the following:
– Overall supervision of Project commercial team (quantity surveyors and cost controllers), whilst improving / developing quantity surveying practices and systems in accordance with SOP’s and international best practice.
– Ensuring that appropriate contractual notices are given properly, and on time, to both the Employer’s team and lower tier subcontractors.
– Managing, preparing / reviewing all contractual correspondence.
– Ensuring that all variations to the Works are captured, valued and submitted for agreement timeously. Negotiate and close out all variations promptly. Controlling and updating variation status and related logs with Employer and Subcontractors.
– The preparation, submission and negotiation of extension of time, disruption and prolongation claims, whilst liaising with planning and other project delivery departments.
– The preparation, submission and negotiation of claims against lower tier subcontractors.
– Review and report to Project Manager on subcontract agreements.
– Reviewing, approving, processing and certifying payment applications with Employer and lower tier subcontractors.
– Assist in the preparation of cost loaded programs.
-Oversee and verify final accounts.
-Ensure that all bonds and insurances required under the main subcontract and lower tier subcontracts are submitted / received / updated on time.
Job Post by Arabian Construction Company (ACC)
Search for more results at BuildingMENA.com
Please note: Arabian Construction Company (ACC) reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.