As a Regional BIM/GIS Lead you will be an integral part of CH2M’s Digital Transformation process and will partner with our Client Sector and delivery teams to plan, lead, drive, and manage a variety of strategic business development assignments and to position CH2M for success.
The job role requires an individual with a varied range of technical skills, strategic thinking and business acumen to support and deliver transformation in the areas of BIM, GIS and Information Management. We are seeking to be at the forefront of innovation and efficiency across all our business areas to deliver projects through design, construction and operations that exceed client expectations through the efficient and integrated approach of technology, process and people. Candidates must be able to demonstrate capability to deliver value on large scale projects using BIM, GIS and Information tools and be advocates of change management to instill best practice across our regional organisation structure.
- Technical understanding of software systems including Autodesk and Bentley for use on building, infrastructure and Masterplanning projects.
- Experienced in the implementation of Common Data Environment (CDE) systems from initial conception through to procurement, configuration and implementation.
- Manage the internal development of BIM and GIS Standards, Processes and Systems also working closely with software vendors and external consultants
- Engage with project specific teams and provide direction on implementation requirements and troubleshooting for specific projects.
- Support education, awareness and upskilling to improve skill levels and support career development of technical staff.
- Identify training requirements and organise delivery to support company and project needs.
- Engage and collaborate with academia, local authorities and industry bodies to stay up to latest with technology trends and market internal services.
- Ensure lessons learned are documented throughout the life of the project and shared with other team members and departments.
- Represent the company at conferences and industry events and secure opportunities to promote capabilities and services.
- Take responsibility for training budgets.
- Identify business opportunities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Professional qualification in design, engineering or construction field with minimum of 10 years industry experience.
- Project Management experience is also essential.
- Experience in BIM and GIS systems including Autodesk, Bentley and ESRI ArcGIS.
- Proven ability to make transformation from conventional 2D drafting environment into the intelligent BIM and GIS environment.
- Experience of leading teams and managing client expectations through the lifecycle.
- Proactive and engaging individual with the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Exceptional presentation and people skills to support engagement and collaboration.
- Experience in project delivery with hands-on involvement in design coordination workshops.
- Ability to ‘think out of the box’ and deliver industry leading solutions.
Complex problem-solving. Global challenges. Collaborative results. Real impact. These are just some of the things we love about the work we do here at CH2M. We look for people who love nothing more than working with teammates and clients to tackle challenges until they’re resolved in the best possible way. We are fortunate enough to work on some really amazing projects all over the world, from expanding the Panama Canal, to helping London update their ancient infrastructure to unlocking energy resources near Abu Dhabi.
Job Post by CH2M
Search for more jobs by BuildingMENA.com
Please note: CH2M reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.