– The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to respective department Team Leader in performing preventive and corrective maintenance activities covering all related services for Serco Dubai Metro System.
Structure and reporting relationship
– Position holder will be reporting to the department Team Leader
– Based on the specific requirement of the role
– Assist the department Engineer, Team Leader & Technician in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on systems/services in stations, depots, ITPS, MPS and car parks for Dubai Metro.
– Assist in diagnosing the cause of malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace faulty equipment and handover/taken back to the electro-mechanical workshop for repair
– Ensure the maintenance tools & equipment are in good condition both before and after job activities and are documented in specified checklist as per departmental policies
– Assist in carrying out functional test, troubleshoot, and assemble/disassemble tests as required, repair and replace defective parts in different sub-systems of Dubai metro network equipment
– Follow the relevant procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with Serco Dubai Metro requirements
– Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of works, including to meet tight maintenance schedules
– Assist in maintaining accurate maintenance records of system and equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system
– Assist the department Engineer and/or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects
– To act as part of first response team in emergency situation and critical fault handling.
– Perform shift and emergency duties when required
– Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Team Leader and/or other senior Maintenance staff.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
– Vocational trade certificate or diploma in electronics, electrical, computers, mechanical or civil Engineering discipline or equivalent;
Technical & Professional Skills
– Ability to use various electronic/electrical test equipment and PC for the maintenance of Metro systems;
– Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
– Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
– Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
– Preferably hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
– Preferably 1 year work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, or electronics technician/trainee in maintaining and repairing industrial or railway systems.
Additional / special features of the role
– Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
– Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
– To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
– Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
– Successfully achieve competency in sub systems as per Serco competency Management System.
– Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
– To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco’s controlled premises/systems
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Please note: Serco reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.