Job description / Role
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, designing and enabling excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Ground Engineering is one of the most exciting and demanding sectors in civil and environmental engineering. It encompasses disciplines such as engineering geology, geotechnical engineering and tunnel engineering. The services of qualified professionals in these disciplines are in great demand in the design and construction of new and innovative infrastructure (such as mass transit systems, tunnelling and power supply), geohazard, underground storage and offshore geotechnics. There is also an increasing requirement for such areas of expertise as the world responds to a changing future with its emphasis on the energy sector, ‘low carbon’, sustainability and greater management of resources.
The Middle East Atkins Ground Engineering team offers a structured graduate training programme and career path for Graduates wishing to pursue a career in ground engineering. We currently have Graduate opportunities in our team based in Dubai.
– Responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
– Perform tasks assigned independently with minimum guidance from the seniors in the discipline.
– Be excellent communicators and maintain the ability to work individually or as part of a team.
– Be proficient in site investigation data manipulation, interpretation and evaluation of geohazards and risks.
– Develop idealised geological cross-sections based on an understanding of site history, evaluation and interpretation.
– Managing one’s own time and time of others reporting to them.
– Responsible for compliance with Atkins QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
– Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies related to engineering geology.
– The drive and self-motivation to achieve chartered status and to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills.
– Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
– Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Flexible approach to work.
– Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
– Engineering Geologist: Bachelor’s degree in Geology from a recognised Institute and a Masters in Engineering Geology or equivalent.
– Geotechnical Engineer: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institute and MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent
– Have an understanding of geological processes and how they impact major construction activities.
– Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
– Graduate membership of institutes such as GeolSoc and working towards chartership.
Additional Information (if any)
– Shall possess a valid passport and full driving licence.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
– A competitive salary
– 22 working days annual leave
– Medical and life insurance cover
– Company gratuity scheme
– Discretionary bonus scheme
– Annual flight allowance to point of origin
– Employee Well-Being Programme – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Please note: Atkins Global reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.