– The MEP Team Leader will oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the service. This will include parts, labour and the input of the specialist service delivery partners to ensure that the daily work orders are completed in a timely manner.
– They shall ensure that the workforce are undertaking works safely and are complying with appropriate risk assessments, method statements and permits to work.
– In addition he will provide managerial, technical, and engineering expertise in all functionality of the MEP systems, leading and guiding teams in carrying out the operation and maintenance within the property.
– He will ensure all personnel receive department briefings and induction activities surrounding work safety and ensure messages are understood by all concerned parties to ensure that safety standards and procedures are in place.
Structure and reporting relationship
– This shift based role reports to the Mechanical Engineer and requires the supervision of technicians and assistants
– Based on the specific requirement of the role
Key Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Engineer and Shift Operations Manager and the key responsibilities will include:
– Support and have responsibility for ensuring the estate team implement the policies and procedures for the Estates Service such as the Permit to Work System and Emergency Procedures
– Support the Maintenance activities of the department, by providing specialist engineering knowledge and advice, associated with the full range of building services.
– Undertake Authorised Person (AP) duties for appropriate systems
– Preparation, competence assessment and issuing of Standing Instructions
– Supervision of site based workforce
– Have responsibility for the delivery of all planned and reactive tasks in accordance with the Service Level Specification requirements
– Coordination of building surveys and generate reports.
– Input into the development of the 5 Year and Annual Maintenance and Energy Management Plans and the Asset Renewal Plan
– Agreeing access requirements
– Arranging Insurance inspections in conjunction with the Client
– Carrying out risk assessments and developing appropriate method statements
– Provide analysis and comment technically upon maintenance feedback from both in-house and specialist service partners
– Maintain good and harmonious relationships with all tenants and visitors and respond to any complaints promptly. Identify any necessary steps to prevent one tenant causing inconvenience to other tenants. Any issues to be reported to the helpdesk.
– Be conversant with and understand the complete working of the mechanical, electrical and electronic systems particularly as they relate to the relevant service
– The post holder will be responsible for all appropriate health, safety and welfare matters affecting staff in or attached to their area of work responsibility. This will include safe systems of work, training and safety inspections.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
– Attend and conduct toolbox talks and safety briefings.
– Adhere to all HSE requirements and Codes of Conduct of the company.
– Adhere to all Risk Assessments / Method Statements to ensure safe working practices.
– Exercise a personal duty of care for own and teams health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions and promote the same within their work area of responsibility.
– Use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco’s controlled premises/systems.
– Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels.
Essential technical and Professional Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
– Diploma/degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
– Accuracy and attention to detail.
– IT and word processing skills.
– Ability to work to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
– Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
– Good communication skills
– Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
– Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a large complex service organisation
– Experience of direct line management of staff.
– Experience in employment relations issues i.e. Disciplinary procedures, absence control etc.
Additional / special features of the role
– Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
– Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
– To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
– Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
– Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Please note: Serco reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.