– Operate and monitor the plant equipment’s either through local control panel or through SCADA/BMS/CMS operation.
– Effective start-up and shut down of the plant equipment’s in accordance with the standard operating procedure or work instruction.
– Log on operating parameters of the pant equipment’s at the scheduled intervals by taking appropriate readings through SCADA/BMS/CMS.
– Inform immediate supervisor about the abnormalities/malfunctions of the plant equipment found during the 24X7 operation and ensure all the safety standards are followed.
– Monitor the maintenance activities being executed in the plant and highlight maintenance requirements of the plant.
– Carry appropriate tests pertaining to water temperature (Supply and return), water analysis to check chemical levels, record the same and inform supervisor accordingly for necessary action.
– Ensure that the heat load levels are properly distributed by monitoring the same regularly to ensure optimum utilization of plant capacities and optimization of energy consumption.
– Identifying and reporting the potential hazards by strictly following the safety guidelines.
– Ensure appropriate usage and storage of water treatment chemicals at site.
– Cleaning of cooling tower water basins and louvers.
– Cleaning of pump suction strainers, AHU/BCU/FCU filters
– Cleaning of chilled water network strainers in ETS room.
– Inspection and identifying the chilled water leakage in the network.
– Perform routine housekeeping activities and maintain the plant tidiness.
– Should understand and follow related procedures of ISO and EHS as implemented from time to time.
– To discharge duties as assigned from time to time.
– Understand the requirements of the client and plan and deploy resources for delivery of service
– Ensure the plants utilities are built and operated within Marafeq procedures.
– Responsible to train the Junior operators
– To document any customer complaints and take actions to ensure that they are effectively closed as per Customer Complaint Handling process.
– Awareness of Functional Objective, QHSE Policy, benefits of following the established Management system as well and implication if not complying with the requirements.
– Awareness of the Significant Environmental Aspects and work related Occupational Hazards
– Incident Reporting to HSE team in case of any incidents
– Engaging and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness and improvement of the Management systems.
– Providing technical guidance to engineering staff to achieve high quality operation and maintenance functions in both construction phase as well as long term operations phase.
– Responsible for assisting leadership support to the O&M team
– Diploma or Industrial Trade Certificate in either Air conditioning / Mechanical / Electrical or Instrumentation.
– Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is an advantage.
– At least 3 years of experience in refrigeration and chiller plant activities from GCC countries.
– Hands on experience on operating chillers in large capacity District Cooling Plants
– Excellent command on technical & commercial aspects of District Cooling business.
– Excellent command of English language both oral and written.
– Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
Please note: Marafeq Qatar reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.