Job description / Role
Atkins Nuclear, now part of the SNC-Lavalin nuclear division has been operating for over 40 years with operations based in Canada, UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America, and are fully engaged in the development of the next generation of nuclear power.
Our middle east office, centred in Abu Dhabi, has become one of the largest nuclear consultancies across the region, and at the forefront of emerging nuclear power markets.
As a result of continued growth, we are looking to recruit a nuclear-experienced project manager to help our client(s) manage some very complex organisational and technical projects.
Initially, we are looking for individuals to be based in Abu Dhabi, at the clients’ site, and take a senior client facing role on a secondment basis, but alongside an Atkins/SNC-Lavalin team of professionals.
• Manage multidisciplinary project(s), using client developed project tools and processes
• Standard delivery expectations such as reporting, safety leadership, risk management, schedule oversight, and client management
• Confidently engage and build trust from a broad range of client stakeholders, from technicians to C-level executives
• 8 years + professional experience,
• Degree qualified engineer or scientist
• Nuclear experience (at least 1 year)
• Able to work in the field and interact well with delivery teams
• Good standard of written English and the ability to write clear technical reports
• Reasonable level of commercial awareness and demonstrate the ability to work within budget and programme
• Innovative and open to ideas
• Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
• Interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally
• Familiarity with the Arabic language
• Project Management qualifications
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire lifecycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world-class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).
Please note: Atkins Global reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.