Job description / Role
KOA Real Estate Development is looking for an experienced project engineer to lead and manage the site team and ensure that all parties involved have a clear understanding of the contract and the applicable obligations.
• Establish site logistics strategy and carry out site mobilization. Review and agree procedures and method statements.
• Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
• Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
• Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
• Review external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
• Develop construction methodology and point out expected risks.
• Prepare, Review and agree the project base line program internally and other contractors
• Assign tasks and responsibilities to the site team, and ensure site feedback and regular feedback update of the project program.
• Perform day-to-day tracking of progress to ensure early detection and resolution of disruptions and deliver the project on time and within budget.
• Effect close liaison and handle communications with the Client, subcontractors, and technical team. Maintain accessibility and regular update of information to ensure that works are executed as per the specifications, method statements and client requirements
• Work closely with the commercial and procurement teams in selection of subcontracts and suppliers. Supervise and coordinate multiple subcontractors and make sure that material and plant are on site at the appropriate stage of the project
• Review project Quality plan, Health and Safety plan and related risk assessments. Ensure project quality objectives are attained and that activities are undertaken in a safe manner in accordance with local Authorities regulations, project requirements and company HSE policy
• Review and agree project measurement, cost assessments and monthly valuations.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports to Client and project management.
• Review variation schedules and assess entitlement.
• Coordinate and assist QS in producing claims and initiate negotiations with the Client.
• To be responsible for the acceptance work upon project completion, and participate in the timely summary of constructional experience or lessons upon completion, and prepare the report for project completion.
• Work closely with the Project Manager to maintain budget and exchange project information
• Supports and assists the Management Representative in providing documentation for ISO certification.
• Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
• Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
• Develop and implement quality control programs
• Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
• Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
• Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
• Competent in require project methodology.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
• Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
• Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized while ensuring the client’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
• Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
• Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer’s requirements.
• Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
• 10-12 years construction management /Civil Engineering degree or equivalent professional training and experience.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business-oriented professional.
About the Company
A unique real estate concept by Mohammed Zaal, KOA will redefine residential living and working in Dubai.
KOA creates communities that reflect the global outlook of the region and a new generation of consumers who demand individual expression. The KOA culture is one of originality and attention to detail balanced with quality and flawless execution. Each development will provide an urban ecosystem that represents innovation, substance and craftsmanship.
KOA aims to revitalize urban developments and lead Dubai’s real estate industry into a new era of cultural and urban enrichment that contributes to the soul of a dynamic new Dubai.
Please note: KOA reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.