Manages and administers the construction and delivery of projects in terms of completion of the works at site in accordance with the contract documents, provision of documentation, finalization of clients, sub- contractors, suppliers financial accounts and achievement of the budget profit whilst developing relationships with the client and professional team under limited supervision.
– To act as the project team leader controlling all aspects of the works including, planning, administration, commercial, engineering, site works, documentation and handover to the client.
– Delegate work to the project team and monitors the progress to completion.
– Ensure the works comply with the contract documents including drawings and specifications.
– Ensure that the works are completed on time, notifying the client of any delays and valuing the costs associated with the delays.
– Prepare both progress and financial management reports at regular intervals throughout the project.
– Maintain good relationships with the client and professional team to establish Khansaheb as the contractor of choice.
– Develops and administers the project budget and controls expenditure to ensure the budget profit is achieved.
– Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the project.
– Instigate the project planning and review of progress against targets set.
– Establish the project construction methodology with the project team.
– Co-ordinate the work of all in-house staff, suppliers and sub contractor.
– Ensure that the works are installed to the specifications, quality and other requirements detailed in the contract documents.
– Monitor expenditure against the project budget.
– Ensure instructions are received for additional work and the value agreed with the client.
– Monitor progress of all aspects of the work to ensure completion on time. Notify the client of any delays to the works.
– Make regular applications for payment and collects cash to achieve positive cash flow.
– Meet regularly with the client and professional team at site and social events to develop close business relationships.
– Review designs issued by the professional team to ensure they are fit for purpose. Review and resolves any anomalies prior to starting of work.
– Implement a project specific quality assurance plan at each stage of the project.
– Ensure that the works are undertaken in a safe manner utilizing a project specific safety plan.
– Dynamic, flexible personality with the will to succeed regardless of the difficulties.
– Ability to analysis situations and make complex operating, administrative and procedural decisions.
– Outline knowledge of civil and architectural design.
– Knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices in the GCC area.
– Detailed understanding of the UAE construction and particularly the market with hands on knowledge of prices, rates and contract procedures.
– Understanding of budget control and management reporting procedures.
– Possess excellent communication skills and business presentation skills.
– Thorough understanding of programming and demand fulfilment.
– Planning ability to work in a structured manner and prioritize requirements.
– Knowledge of commercial and quantity surveying standards and practices in the GCC area.
– Degree / Masters in Civil Engineering from reputed University.
– 10 to 15 years post graduate experience with at least 5-6 years in a similar position in the UAE/Gulf. – Spoken Arabic would be an advantage but not essential.
Please note: Khansaheb reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.