The pipeline and opportunities for strategic and major projects in UAE for Atkins Transport & Infrastructure (T&I) Division are significant. An opportunity exists for a driven, ambitious and self-motivated person to take a critical role in growing Atkins T&I Rail Business across Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will work closely with the Saudi Arabia Clients of T&I in wining work in the region for the Rail sector.
The Rail Systems Manager will fulfill the following tasks:
- Lead system wide reviews of data and reports prepared by the Operator as required by the Client, developing trend information and making recommendations to improve the operations and maintenance rail projects and the performance of Systems equipment failures.
- Lead quality inspections for maintenance works and sign off Requests for Inspections (RFI) in case of acceptance on behalf of the Client.
- Lead audits of all aspects of safety and security as per O&M Contract and per approved Operator safety plans and make recommendations to mitigate and/or resolve contract compliance issues.
- Manage reviews and provide comments and recommendations on the Operator’s plans and procedures related to the operations and maintenance including but not limited to:
Maintenance programs, plans and procedures;
Operation plans and timetables;
Operation procedures and regulations;
Training and staffing plans;
Configuration management plans.
Manage O&M Contractors system wide compliance with O&M standards;
Manage the Systems team’s reviews of the O&M contractor’s technical submittals, including, but not limited to:
Risk assessments for proposed corrective and preventative maintenance
work which could impact passenger service or damage the Metro assets;
Engineering investigation reports generated by the Operator due to system or component failures and incidents;
Accident and incident investigation reports submitted by the Operator;
Temporary change authorization requests from the Operator to modify and or replace any system component;
Engineering change notice requests from the Operator to implement system modifications.
Use technical expertise to provide recommendations on improvements to the operations and maintenance of rail projects
- Manage system review of capital asset overhauls or replacement procedures, proposals and site activities, including
checking if the proposed overhauls, replacement works is correct,
identifying operational issues, make recommendations for improvements and
leading technical reviews of asset cost estimations
leading system wide site inspections of asset overhauls / replacements and delivery of asset inspection reports.
- Manage the O&M contractor’s compliance with their Quality management system through reviews of technical documentation, test witnessing, site inspections and quality audits.
- Manage the O&M contractor’s compliance with their systems contract scope of works including day to day oversight, routine contract compliance reviews and reporting.
- Manage the O&M contractor’s compliance with their systems contract scope of works including day to day oversight, routine contract compliance reviews, change control and reporting.
- Lead systems teams review of systems variation requests and the implementation of change control procedure with the O&M contractor.
- Manage the O&M Contractors compliance with their Systems Assurance procedures covering RAM, Operational Safety, EMC, Interface & Configuration management.
- Manage the preparation of progress reports incorporating O&M Contractors monthly reports
- Have a minimum of 20 years’ experience in a similar role with emphasis in railway operation and maintenance or experience working in a similar role with strong technical railway background;
- Have work experience in Saudi Arabia or another GCC country;
- Hold at least a Master Degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Job Post by Atkins Global
Search for more jobs on BuildingMENA.com
Please note: Atkins Global reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.