Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
Mott MacDonald is currently looking to recruit an Airport Pavements Engineer to support on the design and supervision of the construction/rehabilitation of the runway pavement.
* Review of design and pavements reports related to runway, taxiway, aprons and airside/landside roads and associated infrastructure
* Inspection of the asphalt and concrete work for roads and structures
* Ensure execution of work is compliant with agreed specifications and the contract
* Assist the Chief Resident Engineer and Resident Engineer in the technical delivery pertaining to the airport pavement
* Preparation of pavement investigation work to include surveys and supervision of work
* Undertake inspections and prepare report and assessment on the findings
* Attend meetings with external stakeholders to discuss challenges on pavement and suggest solutions (where possible) and report progress of work
* Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering;
* Chartered or incorporated membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or any other relevant professional institution
* Minimum 20 years’ experience post qualification
* Knowledge of pavement engineering demonstrated by experience of pavement design, investigation and research
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of pavement design procedures
* Understanding of principles of geotechnics, structural pavement analysis for all types of pavement: rigid and flexible
* Sound knowledge and understanding of earthworks and pavement materials
* Knowledge and understanding of pavement life cycle cost analysis and pavement management systems
In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice.
Please note: Mott Macdonald reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.